2023 MWV Caregiver Expo Offered by Visiting Nurse Homecare & Hospice
October 13, 2023
Speakers, Workshops and Resources Offered at Free Event
Visiting Nurse Home Care and Hospice of Carroll County (VNHCH) in partnership with Memorial Hospital is once again offering the MWV Caregiver Expo, on Saturday, October 28, 2023, from 9am – 3pm. The event will be held at the Education Suite at Memorial Hospital, which is located at 3073 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH. This free event is for caregivers, and those who may be caregivers in the future. The event offers relevant information, community resources and services in an engaging and interactive format. Advance registration is required and limited space is available. A complimentary lunch will be offered and coffee will be served.
VNHCH Executive Director Sandy Ruka stated, “This year the event will focus on what we refer to as the ‘pre-season of caregiving.’ Whether you are a new caregiver or would like to be prepared for future caregiving, you’ll find information and resources you can use for yourself and your loved ones. This includes those caring for someone in person, or from afar, as many people do for parents who live out of state.”
Breakout sessions covering these topics will allow for small group discussions, Q&A with knowledgeable experts, and sharing ideas with fellow community members. Featured topics to include:
- Ways to keep your loved one safe when you live away.
- How to avoid scams that target the elderly – by phone, email or internet.
- Having conversations with loved ones about accepting help.
- Ways to utilize telehealth, with a focus on virtual visits and home monitoring; and use of patient portals.
- Utilizing technology in the home, including Amazon Alexa, to automate and monitor activities.
- Safely accessing vehicles to avoid injuries.
- Home modifications that make living at home safer.
- Learning which OTC medications to avoid.
Merrill Lynch, Visiting Nurse Home Care and Hospice of Carroll County and Western Maine, and Memorial Hospital sponsor the event. The event is presented in partnership with the Gibson Center for Senior Services and the Mount Washington Adult Day Center. Lunch from Big Dave’s is sponsored through the generosity of Merrill Lynch.
While the 2023 MWV Caregiver Expo is free, advance registration is required by calling 603-356-7006 or go online Eventbrite: https://mwvcaregiverexpo23.eventbrite.com/ For more information about Visiting Nurse Home Care and Hospice, visit them online at www.vnhch.org.