Registered Nurse (RN) – Per Diem
August 4, 2022
Please be aware that since we are licensed in Maine we have to follow Maine guidelines regarding Mandatory Covid Vaccinations, you will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated before your first day of work.
Visiting Nurse Home Care & Hospice of Carroll County is looking for a compassionate and driven RN Case manager to provide the highest-quality care for patients in their homes in a one on one setting.
We believe that by hiring the best people and helping them grow, we can ensure the best outcomes for those in our care. Apply today if you are looking for more than a place to work—a place to grow in your career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide admission, care management, and follow-up visits for our patients using the nursing process (assess, diagnose, plan, implement, evaluate).
- Develop the plan of care for new patients and update the plan with our interdisciplinary care team.
- Provide nursing care, which may include but is not limited to physical assessment, medication management and administration, wound care, IV therapy, tube feeding, durable medical equipment provision and use, education, and comfort care.
- Coordinate care with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, home health aides, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other clinicians.
- Regularly communicate patient care needs and progress to each patient’s physician.
- Supervise licensed practical nurses, home health aides, and personal home care aides as necessary.
- Educate and assist patients and their families in proper home health care procedures and strategies to keep the patient safe at home.
- Remain in compliance with HIPAA guidelines as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Document clinical notes in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a registered nurse in New Hampshire or Maine
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience as an RN
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance (minimum ins. limits of $100,000/$300,000)
- Clean Background checks will be required
- Availability to rotate on weekends and holidays on a limited basis each year
- Prior home health experience preferred
Salary and Benefits
- New hourly wage, plus paid travel time, paid mileage – Give us a call!
- Referral program
- Cell phone stipend